Date: 2022-10-07 | projects | fsharp | art | active | smash-the-button
SMASH_THE_BUTTON is a website that allows you to smash the living daylights out of a button and see a satisfying counter increase.
- You: Boop
- It: ++
I built it as an experiment in building simple, reliable, and performant real-world services in a functional programming paradigm using fsharp.
How it was built
I built SMASH_THE_BUTTON in a mostly FP style. Its general architecture intentionally resembles CloudSeed as I'm considering migrating it to fsharp and it's the most efficient software architecture I've found for most things.
- Frontend - Svelte / SvelteKit
- Backend - Fsharp / Dotnet
- Web framework - Giraffe
- DB ORM - Dapper, Postgres
- DB - Postgres
- Hosting: Google Cloud - Cloud Run containers + Hosted Postgres
- Building a Fullstack Web App with SvelteKit and F#
- Hosting full stack apps on Google Cloud for less than $10 / month
- $10 / month Managed Postgres Database on Google Cloud
- Naming - I originally wanted to call it
PushTheButtonbut all the domains were being parked and sold for >$10k and HAMY LABS is too #poor for that so I opted for the $2 smash url